What is Driverupdates.net?
Driverupdates.net is a new released computer infection which belongs to the browser hijacker family. However, computer users are almost unable to detect this virus until they are redirected to the websites http://www.Driverupdates.net frequently, because this infection always invades and installs in the target PC stealthily and furtively.
When Driverupdates.net virus infiltrates into the computer, it will change and corrupt the browser settings and won’t allow users to reset them back. No matter you are using Firefox, Chrome, Internet explorer or other kinds of famous browsers, the homepage and default search engines may be automatically altered into http://Driverupdates.net.
And some strange icons related to the commercial websites or the pornographic contents appear on the bookmark or your favorite bar. Even though you have deleted them several times, they come back again next time you boot the infected PC.
At the same time, users may be interrupted by the pop-ups from www.Driverupdates.net when they are surfing the internet. If you notice that the pop-up ads are so match to your interest, you must be step up your vigilance, because Driverupdates.net browser hijacker has the key logger function, when it stays long in the target PC, it will keep track of browser history, collect search terms and record confidential information in the PC such as the user name, IP address and password, then send this information to its creators or sponsors to undertake commercial promotion. As a result, if these pop-ups always adverts the products that match your interests, you should pay attention to your personal data now.
Meanwhile, the whole PC performance may be influenced by this notorious browser hijacker. For instance, the poor running speed may make users getting upset when they are playing computer games or watching the movies. If you are still suffered the attack of Driverupdates.net browser hijacker, you should immediately block its processes and completely remove it from your PC to secure your system now. Follow the Driverupdates.net redirect manual removal guide as below and uninstall this tricky virus thoroughly from your computer.
The screenshot of Driverupdates.net infection:
Method one:Driverupdates.net virus manual removal guide1.end all the running processes of Driverupdates.net virus on the PC
Specific steps: Open task manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys at the same time. Another way is to click on the Start button and choose Run option, then type taskmgr into and press OK. Find out all the running processes of Driverupdates.net virus and disable them.
2. Uninstall Driverupdates.net virus from your computer
Specific steps: To uninstall Driverupdates.net program from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
3. To reset your homepage, go to your browser settings:
• In Internet Explorer go to Tools and then click Internet Options. On General tab, click Restore to Default.
• In Firefox – Click the Tools menu, look under the Home Page text box on the General tab, enter the URL of the site you would like to use as your homepage, or choose one of the other options.
• In Firefox 3.6.x- go to Tools, click Options. On General tab, click to select your default homepage setting.
• In Google Chrome- click on the Wrench icon (top of browser), go to Settings, then on Appearance section check the Show Home button option, click on Change and select Use the New Tab page.
• In Opera- go to Preferences (Click Menu->Settings->Preferences Or Ctrl+F12), go to Search tab and select MySearchDial. Click Delete and then OK.
4. Remove Driverupdates.net from newly opened tabs on particular browser
In Internet Explorer 8-9 – go to Tools -> Internet options -> General -> Tabs settings, and set the “When a new tab is opened, open” drop down, and choose The new tab page.
• In Internet Explorer 7 to remove Driverupdates.net from new tabs, the program has to be uninstalled completely.
• In Mozilla Firefox go to Tools -> Addons, click Options, then select Advanced and uncheck the first option Use Driverupdates.net l as enhanced search for new tab.
• In Google Chrome go to Tools -> Settings -> Extensions-> Click the trash bin icon next to the New Tab extension.
5. Remove malicious files of this redirect infection.
Click the Start button choose Control Panel, find out Appearance and Personalization, and then click Folder Options and choose the View tab. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
%UserProfile%\Application Data\[random digits]\[random digits].cfg
%UserProfile%\Application Data\[random digits]\[random digits].exe
6. Remove all this browser hijacker registry entries as follows:
open Registry Editor by pressing Window+R keys together.(another way is clicking on the Start button and choosing Run option, then typing into Regedit and pressing Enter. )
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run: [avsdsvc] %CommonAppData%\ifdstore\security_defender.exe /min
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus Security Pro Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” –u [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0′
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
If the manual guide is kinda difficult for you, please feel free to download automatic removal tool SpyHunter to drive the self-invited guest away.
Method two: Automatically remove Driverupdates.net with Spyhunter antivirus software:
Step 1: click the icon below to download automatic removal tool SpyHunter
Step 2: follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step 3: run SpyHunter to automatically detect and uninstall Driverupdates.net
Summary: Due to the changeable characters of Driverupdates.net, you cannot be too careful to distinguish the harmful files and registries from the system files and registries. If you have spend too much time in manual removing Driverupdates.net and still not make any progress, you can download and install Spyhunter antivirus software here to remove Driverupdates.net automatically for you.