How harmful Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com is?Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com is a computer infection which belongs to the browser hijacker family. Once invades into the target PC, firstly, Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com will change the browser settings such as altering the homepage to Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com, modifying default search engines and adding some strange icons and shortcuts on the desktop or favorite bar etc. Computer users may be annoying by Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com as this notorious computer virus may against their will to navigate them into unknown websites that contains lots of commercial advertisements and pornographic contents and pictures.
At the same time, Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com also creates unwanted browser start-ups, makes unstopped pop-up ads and displays advertisements and sponsored links in the search results.
Computer users may be confused by the similarity of those links and have no idea which one is formal and authentic.
What’s worse, as a browser hijacker virus, Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com redirect has the function to keep track of the browser history and collect search terms. And then this snorty computer infection sends this personal information to its creators or sponsors to undertake malicious tasks.
In conclusion, Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com is a big threat to the infected PC. Its existence will not only affect the PC performance, but also put the personal data into the risk of being exposed to the open. If you still suffer the interruption of Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com redirect, you should take action to remove it right now. Follow the manual removal guide as below and get rid of this notorious computer virus right now.
The screenshot of Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com:
Method one: Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com manual removal guide1. Stop all the running processes of Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com
Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc at the same time, choose Process icon and stop all the Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com running processes.
2. Uninstall Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com from infected PC
Guide: click on Start button and open Control Panel, choose uninstall a program and remove Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com from infected computer.
3: remove Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com from your home page
• In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
• In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
• In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings. Click “Set pages” under the On startup section. Remove Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com and replace it with your preferred URL.
Note: Some browser hijackers and unethical search engines may alter browser shortcuts on Windows operating systems.
1. Right click on a browser shortcut and select Properties.
2. On the shortcut tab, Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com in the target field. Delete the Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com search engine and click OK. If your shortcut is pinned to the task bar you have to unpin it first, then correct the shortcut in the start menu, and re-pin it to the task bar.
4.delete the malicious files as below:
5. Remove all Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com browser hijacker registry entries as follows:
open Registry Editor by pressing Window+R keys together.(another way is clicking on the Start button and choosing Run option, then typing into Regedit and pressing Enter. )
Find out all Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com browser hijacker registry entries as follows and delete all of them.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = 1
Video on how to remove browser hijacker:
If the manual guide is kinda difficult for you, please feel free to download automatic removal tool SpyHunter to drive the self-invited guest away.
Method two: Automatically remove Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com with Spyhunter antivirus software:
Step 1: click the icon below to download automatic removal tool SpyHunter
Step 2: follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step 3: run SpyHunter to automatically detect and uninstall Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com
Summary: Due to the changeable characters of Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com, you cannot be too careful to distinguish the harmful files and registries from the system files and registries. If you have spend too much time in manual removing Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com and still not make any progress, you can download and install Spyhunter antivirus software here to remove Smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com automatically for you.