Type: browser hijacker
Risk Level: Harmful
Operating Environment: Windows platform
Targeted Browsers：Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and so on.
Number of Corruption: More than 50 files at a time
Geographical distribution: Globally Distributed
The screenshot of http://govome.inspsearch.com/:
Harmful traits belong to this redirect:
1.Automatically change homepage to http://govome.inspsearch.com/
2.Alter the default search engine without users’ permission
3.Redirect people to other malicious websites when they open the browsers on the infected PC.
4.Display fake links on the search result to make people confused.
5.Add some commercial shortcuts and icons on the desktop or favorite bar without users’ consents.
6.Drag down the PC performance gradually by cause a lot of PC issues such as the poor running speed, windows freeze and internet disconnection.
7.Bring other kinds of computer viruses into the target PC during its setup process such as the adware, spyware, and Trojan horse.
8.Steal information on the target PC by keeping track of the browser history, collecting search terms.
Ways to remove http://govome.inspsearch.com/:
Automatically scan: some antivirus software can remove http://govome.inspsearch.com, but you need to choose the right one as some antivirus software cannot rid all the malicious files which offer a chance for this nasty browser hijacker to reproduce itself after a few days. If you choose automatic scan, Spyhunter is recommended as it is designed specifically to deal with virus like http://govome.inspsearch.com/.
Manually removal: manual removal is quite complicated and comes down to the key parts of the operating system of the infected PC. But it is the most effective method to remove http://govome.inspsearch.com/ completely and permanently from the target PC.
Method one: http://govome.inspsearch.com/ manual removal guide
1.end all the running processes of http://govome.inspsearch.com/ virus on the PC
Specific steps: Open task manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys at the same time. Another way is to click on the Start button and choose Run option, then type taskmgr into and press OK. Find out all the running processes of http://govome.inspsearch.com/ virus and disable them.
2: Uninstall http://govome.inspsearch.com/ virus from your computer
Specific steps: To uninstall http://govome.inspsearch.com/ program from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
3. Remove http://govome.inspsearch.com/ page from browser’s home page
To reset your homepage, go to your browser settings:
• In Internet Explorer go to Tools and then click Internet Options. On General tab, click Restore to Default.
• In Firefox – Click the Tools menu, look under the Home Page text box on the General tab, enter the URL of the site you would like to use as your homepage, or choose one of the other options.
• In Firefox 3.6.x- go to Tools, click Options. On General tab, click to select your default homepage setting.
• In Google Chrome- click on the Wrench icon (top of browser), go to Settings, then on Appearance section check the Show Home button option, click on Change and select Use the New Tab page.
• In Opera- go to Preferences (Click Menu->Settings->Preferences Or Ctrl+F12), go to Search tab and select http://govome.inspsearch.com/ l. Click Delete and then OK.
4. Remove http://govome.inspsearch.com/ from newly opened tabs on particular browser
In Internet Explorer 8-9 – go to Tools -> Internet options -> General -> Tabs settings, and set the “When a new tab is opened, open” drop down, and choose The new tab page.
• In Internet Explorer 7 to remove http://govome.inspsearch.com/ from new tabs, the program has to be uninstalled completely.
• In Mozilla Firefox go to Tools -> Addons, click Options, then select Advanced and uncheck the first option Use http://govome.inspsearch.com/ as enhanced search for new tab.
• In Google Chrome go to Tools -> Settings -> Extensions-> Click the trash bin icon next to the New Tab extension.
5. Remove malicious files of this redirect infection.
Click the Start button choose Control Panel, find out Appearance and Personalization, and then click Folder Options and choose the View tab. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
6. Remove all this browser hijacker registry entries as follows:
open Registry Editor by pressing Window+R keys together.(another way is clicking on the Start button and choosing Run option, then typing into Regedit and pressing Enter. )
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = “”.exe.dll
video on how to remove browser hijacker:
If the manual guide is kinda difficult for you, please feel free to download automatic removal tool SpyHunter to drive the self-invited guest away.
Method two: Automatically remove http://govome.inspsearch.com/ with Spyhunter antivirus software:
Step 1: click the icon below to download automatic removal tool SpyHunter
Step 2: follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step 3: run SpyHunter to automatically detect and uninstall http://govome.inspsearch.com/
Summary: Due to the changeable characters of http://govome.inspsearch.com/, you cannot be too careful to distinguish the harmful files and registries from the system files and registries. If you have spend too much time in manual removing http://govome.inspsearch.com/ and still not make any progress, you can download and install Spyhunter antivirus software here to remove http://govome.inspsearch.com/automatically for you.