Know more about VLC Addon
VLC Addon is classified as a rogue browser add-on that has the same traits of adware. It is often promoted via freeware downloaded from third party. It is compatible with common used web browsers that include Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
When installed, the add-on tracks users' internet browsing history by recording various personal information. After that, numerous related pop-up ads will be displayed here and there on users' screen to disturb their normal online activity. These ads by VLC Addon also entice users to click on and redirect them to unsafe sites.
In short, having this add-on installed on your PC can result in privacy issues and malicious infections. Therefore, it is advisable to get rid of VLC Addon timely from the infected PC in case of further troubles.
Guide to Completely Remove VLC Addon from PC
The following passage is going to provide the step-by-step instruction on removing VLC Addon or any other unwanted programs. Please read carefully and try to understand the removal guide below.
STEP 1: Remove VLC Addon from Web Browsers
1. Stop VLC Addon running process in Windows Task Manager.
Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc together to open Windows Task Manager, click Processes tab, find suspicious running process and click on it, then click the End Process button.
2. Uninstall VLC Addon in Control Panel.
Click Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program > find suspicious program and right click on it select Uninstall to uninstall the program.
3. Remove VLC Addon from web browsers.
1) Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon > "Manage Add-ons".
2) Unknown entries, locate and delete them.
1) Open Mozilla Firefox, please click on the icon menu (top right) and select "Add-ons" > "Extensions".
2) Here select unknown Add-ons and select the trash can icon to delete these entries.
1) Open Google Chrome, please click on the icon menu (top right) and select "Tools" > "Extensions".
2) Select suspicious extensions and select the trash icon to delete these entries.
4. Restart your computer to take effect.
STEP 2: Remove VLC Addon Leftover with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application designed to assist the average computer user to detect, remove, and protect their PCs from the latest malware attacks. Here shows how it works:
2. Click the "Run" button to enter the setup program and follow the installation steps until setup is complete.
3. When the installation is complete, click the "Finish" button to exit the installation.
4. If SpyHunter does not automatically start, click the icon on your desktop or Start menu to open it.
5. Allow the program to scan by clicking the "Scan Computer Now!" button. If you would like to have a quick scan on your PC, please check the "Quick Scan" box; otherwise, uncheck it.
6. The first scan will take some time, please be patient while waiting for the scanning result.
7. After the scan is done, you can see that all threats are successfully detected. Check the "Select All" box and then click the "Remove" button to fix all threats in your PC.
STEP 3: Optimize Your PC Using RegCure Pro
RegCure Pro is an advanced optimizer which is able to solve your computer system problems, remove your privacy items produced by online searches, delete junk files, uninstall malware and fix performance problems.
(You can download and use RegCure Pro with confidence for it neither contains any additional items nor conflicts with your current used antivirus program.)
1. Free download RegCure Pro by clicking the below button.
2. Click the "Yes" button to enter in installation process and then follow the instruction to install the program step by step.
3. When the program is successfully installed, double click on its desktop shortcut to open it. On the Overview tab, check all the scan settings and then click on the "Click to Start Scan" button to run a system scan on your computer.
5. When the system scan is done, click on "Fix All" button to completely remove all the performance problems in your computer.
VLC Addon is really a trouble maker. If you want to stop irritating pop-up ads and browser redirects, to have a normal PC operation and to protect your system against any virus, VLC Addon should be kicked out of the infected PC immediately without hesitation.
Download RegCure Pro to Fix Slow PC Performance!
Good Luck and be safe online.
Note: The free versions of SpyHunter and RegCure Pro are only for detection. To remove the malicious threats and to optimize slow PC, you will need to purchase the removal tool.